wca are an independent consultancy providing objective advice on the risk assessment of chemicals in the environment and the workplace.
Founded in 2005 to provide focused expertise on chemical risk assessment, the company has now grown to over 20 staff, with expertise in environmental and industrial chemistry, toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment.
We are experts in the fate, effects and regulation of chemicals, including industrial chemicals, consumer chemicals, pesticides, biocides, and human and veterinary medicines. We are also experts in the derivation and implementation of Environmental Quality Standards and Limit Values for chemicals in air, water, soil, sediments, biota and wastes.
We help our clients to meet their regulatory obligations under a wide range of international legislation, including the EU REACH Regulation, CLP Regulation, the Water Framework Directive (WFD) and Medicinal Products Directive.
We can ensure that the risks of chemicals to both the environment and human health are managed in a cost-effective manner. Our individually tailored solutions maximise benefits to the environment, workers, downstream users and your business, while satisfying the requirements of regulators. We understand our client’s needs, “own their issues”, and provide high quality, technically robust solutions.
Our team of experienced environmental scientists, ecotoxicologists, toxicologists and chemists provides quality assured consultancy services for organisations worldwide. Our clients range from REACH consortia comprising some of the largest chemicals companies in the world, to government departments and agencies in Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific Region.
Our company headquarters is in Faringdon, Oxfordshire, UK.
- We will always deliver honest, independent and objective technical advice and solutions to clients at a fair price, in an unbiased and timely manner.
- We will focus on clients’ reasonable needs and wants, and serve them as they want to be served, maintaining our integrity and working within our areas of technical competence.
- In all of our work we will try to fully understand the needs and wants of the “customers” of our clients (e.g. their regulators, managers or downstream users) and reflect this in our advice and reports.
- We will treat all colleagues as individuals who make different but valuable contributions to the company
- We are an equal opportunities employer; we will treat and reward all staff fairly, ensure that their working conditions are safe, and will make every reasonable effort to ensure that their jobs are interesting and secure.
Our Quality System is certified to ISO 9001 and our Environmental Management System is certified to ISO 14001.
We are also a REACHReady approved service provider.
wca environment limited is a company registered in England (company number 5451320; VAT registration number GB862654112).
Our clients come from many commercial and governmental sectors. We work for large multinational chemicals and consumer products companies, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and pharmaceuticals companies, utilities, government departments and agencies, trade associations and law firms. These are some of the organisations that we work for:
- Brixham Environmental Laboratory
- Brominated Science and Environment Forum
- CEFIC Long-range Research Initiative
- Cobalt Development Institute (CDI)
- Cobalt REACH Consortia (CoRC)
- Department for the Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Drinking Water Inspectorate
- Environment Agency of England & Wales
- Environment Canada
- Euro Chlor
- European Catalyst Manufacturers Association
- European Commission
- European Copper Institute
- International Manganese Institute
- International Zinc Association
- International Lead Association – Europe
- Johnson Matthey
- JT International
- Lead Development Association
- Lower Olefins and Aromatics REACH Consortium
- Natural England
- Nickel Institute
- Nickel Producers Environmental Research Association
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation & Development (OECD)
- Precious Metals REACH Consortium
- Scottish Aquaculture Research Forum
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
- United Kingdom Water Industry Research (UKWIR)
- Water UK