October 12, 2018 by Dean Leverett
The 29th SETAC Europe Annual Meeting will be held in Helsinki from the 26th to the 30th May 2019. Dean Leverett will be chairing a session (with Mirco Bundschuh of Landau University and Mathijs Smit of Shell) on Wastewater effluents: How research can improve risk assessment and regulation under the Ecological risk assessment and human health risk assessment of chemicals, mixtures and stressor, and risk mitigation strategies track.
We would very much welcome the submission of your abstracts for platform or poster presentations covering the following:
Reviews of the effectiveness of regulations and procedures used to asses risk and control wastewater effluents, or substances entering wastewater systems,
• Chemical monitoring of wastewater effluents and the receiving environments,
• Sources of substances and potential source controls,
• The efficiency of new or existing treatment technologies and/or factors that may affect the viability of such treatments,
• The behaviour of substances discharged in effluents and their fate after discharge,
• Population-relevant ecotoxicological effects inferred by substances present within wastewater effluents (alone or in combination),
• Studies, which help to improve the resolution with which we can measure environmental change (e.g. following the introduction of new controls).
Abstracts can be submitted here. Abstract submission for the scientific programme is open now and closes on Wednesday 28 November 2018, 23:59 CET.
From our blog
July 24, 2020 by Olivia Tran